> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dave l [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 12:59 AM
> To: CF-Community
> Subject: Re: New MacBook Pro 15!
> 
> ya know jim why are always THE AUTHORITY on everything, because I dont
> think you are.

On everything, no - of course not.  But blind, ignorant extremism in any
form just plain pisses me off.  I'll gladly study up to fight it where I
find it - especially when I know something about the topic at hand.

And, just so we're clear: what you think doesn't enter into it.

> If you are so right and I am "so tiring" then all I asked for is to see
> it.

Lookie here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides
http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/08/3937/
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/964/install_osx_tiger_on_intel_usb_drives_win
dows

An insane amount of reference material for getting Mac OS to run on x86
hardware.

Here are more benchmark results than anybody could ever need:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=1395&hl=benchmark
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=9205&hl=benchmark
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=45762&hl=benchmark

You'll see that mileage does vary but that generic PC hardware keeps up with
(and often exceeds) Apple hardware.
 
> But of course I never will, will I.

You just did.  Of couse I suspect you will continue to demand the exact
evidence that you requested (a video of Nick failing to do something with
Mac OS), ignoring everything else and declaring victory because of it.

But you did want to see it:

http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=328
http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/16/video-os-x-10-4-3-dual-booted-on-a-thinkp
ad/
http://www.hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2005-08-10
http://onlyumpc.com/news/video-mac-os-x-on-asus-r2h
http://pinguy.infogami.com/blog/4tu6

At this point you will probably, unreasonably, claim that this isn't the
evidence that you wanted and so discount it.  But that doesn't invalidate
the evidence, only your too-narrow acceptance criteria.

> I didnt say it couldnt run on x86, I said i doubted it runs anywhere
> near what my apple runs it at.

Which is a non sequitur.  You began arguing that Nick couldn't properly
evaluate Mac OS on non Apple hardware.  The speed of your machine is
irrelevant - only the speed of his matters.

What in fact are you arguing now?  You change the parameters of the
discussion faster than anybody can keep up.

> All I asked was to see your guys claims and you get your lil panties in
> a rough.

Well - will you admit that the above links are evidence?

And remember, before we go down another rat hole: the original claim was
simply this:

You can, illegally, install Mac OS X on commodity PC hardware and that this
scenario is capable enough to allow the forming of a legitimate opinion on
Mac OS.

That's it.

The above links provide more than enough evidence to back that claim.

> If I made such claims and you asked me to prove it, I would.

You wouldn't.  The claims are cogent and clearly stated - so far I've not
seen any like them from you.  You demand that others provide unreasonable
evidence yet you demand that others accept your anecdotal claims while
changing the premise of the discussion whenever it suits you.

The claims I've seen made "against" you are:

1) Some people that know both Mac OS and Windows well prefer Windows.

You seem unable to accept this.  You attack them saying that they don't
REALLY know Mac OS or else they couldn't feel this way.  This is a
ridiculous stance.

2) You can run Mac OS on commodity PC hardware well enough to evaluate the
OS.

You seem unable to accept this.  You claim that this cannot be so, that this
will not perform well enough or that it simply cannot be done.  This
argument has been proven wrong.

That's it as far as I remember.  You've dragged these simple premises
through mud and thorn but no matter how you stretch them they are no more
complex than that.

Jim Davis


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Create Web Applications With ColdFusion MX7 & Flex 2. 
Build powerful, scalable RIAs. Free Trial
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJS 

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:231133
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to