How is it a double standard?

The gay community are the ones that needed to speak out about that issue if
they felt it was warranted under the circumstances. They pursued it, Isaiah
denied making the statements, he did not do so on nationally syndicated talk
radio, it was ALLEGED comments made on the set. Not out in public.So the two
cannot be compared, no matter how hard you try to stretch things.

The only comparable situation would be if a black, nationally syndicated
talk show host did the same thing to a white women's basketball team.
Has this occurred?
I raised this point before and received no response.

There are SEVERAL sponsors pulling their advertisements and sponsorship from
the Imus show in protest. They started doing so as soon as the story broke,
not weeks later. Are all these companies run by black people? CBS's own
Staff apparently felt offended and they too complained and CBS stated that
this was the reason, more than any other, for the move to take Imus off the
air.
Are they all black?

People generally were upset by the comments.
Are you going to say they had no right to be upset?
Or if they are upset at this they are supposed to be upset to the same
degree at every other incident?
Where's the double standard?

In America is it ok for someone to do something repeatedly and each time
they say sorry and that makes it ok?
Sure you can forgive, but that doesn't absolve the person from facing the
penalties if any for the action in the first place.
Imus was wrong. He apologized, some forgave him...but that does not mean he
does not have to pay the penalties, if any, for his actions.