  From: Scott Stewart
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:46 AM
  Subject: RE: VA Massacre & Gun Control

  1) I'm trained in Taekwondo (WTF, full contact not ITF or ATA), Muay Thai
  and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, all full contact arts. I'm 42 and I still train.
  2) Do you really think that I'll walk into a door and yell "I'm going to
  kick Adam Churvis' ass" from 20 ft out?
  3) In close quarters situation, an unarmed combatant will win, because he
  will have speed and surprise.
  4) I'm not stupid enough to attack an armed assailant outside of point blank
  range. If I can reach your head, or get inside of your shooting hand before
  you unholster, you don't have time to react, nor can you get a shot off.
  It's called assessing the situation.

  A gun works when you have distance on your side, your not going to draw when
  someone already has one hand crushing your larynx and one hand bending your
  shooting wrist the wrong way

  --
  Scott Stewart
  ColdFusion Developer