> Ken wrote:
> And how would that have helped you against a gunman 20 feet away?

Here's a question: why did the guy off himself when he did?  Out of
bullets?  Heard the police?

My guess is that he heard the police and, being the coward he was,
shot himself before he had to tangle with the law.

So, for me, that says that armed students couldn't stopped much of his
rampage if only for the threat of return fire.

The students are all 18 and, to me, there's no reason why they should
be prevented from protecting themselves with handguns.  Why would we
say that adults can conceal-n-carry here but not there?

Either we empower citizens to protect themselves to we let them be
slaughtered by some asshat.  Personally I'll take the gun.