> The problem leaders have with statements like yours is that they offer
> no solution.

I wan't offering one; I was making a statement, giving an opinion.  I wasn't
trying to solve a problem.  People are going to die from gun violence, that's a
fact, and it's never going to change, ever.

> If you want to lead, then use your "experience" to deliver an
> effective solution.  If you're unwilling or unable to do that, then
> get out of the way.

So now it's my burden, just because I have an opinion?  When did that happen?

If I'm unable to do that then I don't have the right to speak my opinion-- I
have to "get out of the way?"  Little ol' me, all by myself, when society has
been wrestling with this for decades and the most powerful lobbying
organizations in the country with millions of dollars behind them on both sides
can't even do it?  *Really?*

And who said I wanted to lead anything, eh?  I just want to go about my
business, unmolested.  And perhaps eliminate some ignorance along the way
(ignorance-- *not* stupidity).

> The status quo isn't a solution.

Why do you assume this?  Why does the status quo have to automatically be so
damned bad?  There are trade-offs to liberty, and much of the time the
difference is paid in pain and suffering of one kind or another, and often in
terms of human lives.  It's *going* to happen, and that happening will be part
of the status quo.  We can never achieve the level of security some people
want, nor should we ever try because every ounce of security is paid for with a
pound of freedom.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com