From: Scott Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:58 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Band Of Brothers

Some of the rules are:
* No dandilions, weeds, unlandscaped areas, etc
>> they pay for the landscaping right?

* No cars in the street overnight w/o a damn good reason
>> and every house has a garage, and what happens if you have company?

* No outdoor storage in the driveway, in the street, or on your property
* No sheds
>> where do you keep the lawnmower that you need for the landscaping?

* No renting
>> not sure that's legal..

* No fences unless you have a pool
>> that's just stupid... regulate what kind of fence

* Keep things shoveled, mowed, and looking good
>> duh..

* Building approval
>> and they have an architect on the board?

* SINGLE FAMILY homes
>> uhmmm.... ok

* Home exterior requirements (cedar siding, brick, etc)
>> ok..

* Various annoyance rules for kids, dogs, etc

--
Scott Stewart
ColdFusion Developer

SSTWebworks
7241 Jillspring Ct.
Springfield, Va. 22152
(703) 220-2835

http://www.sstwebworks.com

I love ours - it's 100% a democracy (95% vote-to-pass) and we decide
on everything: rules, who the contractors are, what we'll contract
for, etc.  We also use it to organize group buys on services, tools,
etc., and, of course, the parties!

Some of the rules are:
* No dandilions, weeds, unlandscaped areas, etc
* No cars in the street overnight w/o a damn good reason
* No outdoor storage in the driveway, in the street, or on your property
* No sheds
* No renting
* No fences unless you have a pool
* Keep things shoveled, mowed, and looking good
* Building approval
* SINGLE FAMILY homes
* Home exterior requirements (cedar siding, brick, etc)
* Various annoyance rules for kids, dogs, etc

I agree and support all of them and it's rare that anything isn't 100%
unanimous.