>Not sure what Sharpton has to do with this, but, yeah, he's an ass too.

the video is supposed to be in Sharpton's voice.

I think what Sam is not getting is that there is a difference between talking
about racism and enabling it. When you say "magic Negro" in a discussion about
a film made in 1962 which broke down barriers in that it showed a black man god
forbid talking to a white woman, the word Negro is not necessarily
inappropriate. It is not inappropriate for Spike Lee to note in coining the
phrase that the wise old black man is a recurring theme in American films. I
think I agree with Lee that this is a stereotype based on race. But merely
referring to the concept is not racist. Nor is the author of that article
particularly liberal from what I can see.

Now, to air something that repeatedly uses the phrase out of that context seems
quite different. Obama is *not* a magic negro as defined by Lee, since he is a
main character in his storyline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

The fim clip is rather like a ten year old boy yelling bad words and saying it
is OK because someone else said them first -- in some other context. Rush
playing it -- well, it's at his audience's intellectual level.