On 7/2/07, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem is that Plame is totally irrelevant to Libbey.  He lied
> and obstructed justice.

She actually lied but you don't seem to care. He got his dates wrong,
he didn't obstruct justice because Fitzgerald knew from the start it
was Armitage.

> He was indicted by Bush's own appointee,
> convicted by his peers, sentenced by another Bush appointee, and had
> his jail stay rejected by yet more Bush appointees.

Fitzgerald lied himself and should be punished, remember he said Libby
was the first to tell a reporter, then it was Woodward while all along
he knew it was Armitage. Oh wait the justice department hates
republicans. He'll skate.

> It would seem that anyone who looks at the legal facts of the case
> against Libby all say that he is "overwhelmingly guilty".

BS. He mixed up details from years earlier. I believe Russert lied
more than Libby.

> And his guilt, his crimes that he has been convicted of, have nothing
> to do with Plame; something the justifiers are fond of pointing out.

So you admit she lied and don't care? Yet you think Libby obstructed
justice even knowing it was Armitage that leaked her name. How does
that make sense?

> Even more interesting is that it may not be over for libby: Fitzgerald
> could haul him back in front of another Grand Jury and immunize him
> thus preventing him from using the 5th.  Or Congress could.

Do you realize it was Armitage so there is ands never was a case? Why
aren't you upset Aritage wasn't charged with any wrongdoing?

You're hero bent a lot of rules like preventing Andrea Mitchell from
testifying and having three years worth of investigation when he knew
who it was all along.