> Hey folks - time for that family advice question.

well...hrmmm...

My wife and I have over the years taken our kids out of school for a
week or more at a time for various reasons.

Trip to Ireland in April 2003, three weeks out of school, the older in
3rd the younger in K. Didn't have a problem, home schooled the boy
(3rd) for the remainder of that school year and the girl went right
back to her kindergarten class.

the second major trip was to upstate New York a few weeks ago. both
out for two weeks and we decided to withdraw them both rather than
hassle with homework ad returning them for the last two days of
school.

We've also taken a week off many times to drive down to San Francisco
or Tahoe to see my grandmother.

My kids are both very smart and are none the worse for having missed
the days of school.

It kinda sounds like there might be more going on though... tough call...
--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher