[snip]> if i delete a message it goes to the email trash and you can open up
> the trash and get message back or permanently delete it but what if
> you don't go into there and delete it? Do the messages automatically
> delete after so many days or the trash gets so big? or does it only
> hold like the last 25 messages or do you need to go into trash and
> permanently delete them?

This is determined by your server I think.  IMAP by itself does not expunge the
messages from the mailbox unless told so by the client or server setings.
There is probably a client setting some where.

> I can't find any docs on it and just curious because I get a lot of
> BIG image files everyday and if they arent being permanently deleted
> then of course you can see what the problem would be. Im assuming the
> trash can only hold so much but just seeing if anyone else on here
> actually knows the answer.

BTW, I just spent the last month building a C# POP3 and IMAP client module for
a project here.  I have gotten to know the process well.  I can POP3 manually
in my sleep.  I never want to see another RFC, for at least the next week.