No but the effects linger for months if not years! If preparation was
can, then cool. But if we're hit by a trillion ton block of ice and
rock going 30,000 miles an hour.. there's no preparation you could do
to outlast the killing effects.
It's not just the blast radius you have to be aware of, it's the
debris, the ash, the lack of sun, and therefore lack of heat, lack of
food and plant life and everything else.
Comet's don't just hit and go away, they continue to kill for months
or years. And there's no amount of preparation you could do to survive
months or years underground (sure there is if you have the money but
I'm talking normal family).
If it's a few hundred feet across then sure prepare for it, but if
it's a Global Killer, you are dead. I'd rather spend the few years or
months with my family than trying to build the shelter to house my
family and the supplies they would need for years.
That's what I'm saying...