Nope. They are wrong.

At the sharp point of the stick, it is about killing. Fast. And
brutally. Shock and awe as they say.

Basic soldiers are not policemen, they are not public works engineers,
they are not nannies or babysitters. They are there to break things.

"Hearts and minds" is for a different group to worry about. Soldiers
are _not_ ambassadors. People with guns should not be doing that sort
of work. People _surrounded_ by people with guns should be.

Unfortunately, we only have one foreign power tool. All of our civil
engineers and policemen are organized in the National Guard. And our
few non-military assets (politicians and ambassadors, media and
business) have been poorly used in these conflicts. So we use the same
hammer for every job.