That is the downside of living in a society that believes that the
group knows whats best for the individual, even to the point of
'force'.

Personally,  I think the people in charge of the evacuations should
have a 'system'.

1.  Announce the evacuations in one wave.
If there are 'stragglers' have them sign a 'waiver' to injuries.  The
waiver should indicate that the signer understands the severity of the
situation and has rejected the firefighter's request for evacuation.
3.  Tack a signal to the front and sides of the home indicating to
firefighters that the waiver was signed.

This should not cause the firefighters to not fight a fire at the
home, but to deter them from further attempts to evacuate the people
inside.

Personal responsibility is paramount in this world.  If the people
want to 'stay and see', or 'stay and fight', they should have that
right.  And the rest of us should have the right to have the
firefighters who should be fighting the fire, not the homeowner, to be
doing that same thing.

William

PS.  The 'waiver' should be written in plain, simple to understand
'English'.  With 'alternative language' versions in the 'popular'
languages of the area.  Maybe even have 'volunteers' instead of
firefighters do the 'go back' portion and get the waivers signed.

> actually -- a lot of them did not. Some of the early news stories
were
> talking about the fire-fighting beng hampered by having to forcibly
> evacuate
> people.

-> actually -- a lot of them did not. Some of the early news stories
were
-> talking about the fire-fighting beng hampered by having to forcibly
-> evacuate
-> people.
->
-