As do I... although idealistically I don't think that government should have
ANYTHING to do with marriage (which is a religious institution) and should
offer only civil unions.  But that's not going to happen.

> i have a friend who's partner dropped dead after a heart attack.
> 32 year relationship gone in a secong.
> he couldnt claim the body or follow out his partners plans after life.
>
> sucks. and is not right.

My mother-in-law is probably going to be in the same circumstance.

Their wills are SO complicated just to ensure that their wishes are carried
out as they wish and they're still having problems with some things
(insurance, retirement funds, etc).  Since my mother-in-law works for a
Catholic organization (the Carmelite Nuns) she's not getting much support at
the office.

Her wife (my other mother-in-law?) is leaving everything to my kids and
there's already some talk that her family (who disowned her long ago) might
fight it (she has several dozen acres of land in a prime area a bit to the
north of NYC).

I think we'll be having lots of legal fun in a few years (hopefully longer).

Jim Davis