> Ian wrote:
> Now that they accept public money can be a more contentious issue.  But not
> one specific to this thread.

That's true that I think we all object to their particular exclusion;
however, I'm trying to normalize that with, say, a church.

For example, I have lots of Catholic and Jewish friends who's
organizations are both non-profit (government affiliated) and
exclusionary, but I routinely attend their church/synagogue events
such as Fish Frys, weekend events, sometimes even services (on
Christmas I usually go to Episcopalian services even though I'm not
exactly sure what that is).

Put another way, while I'm not a card carrying member, I don't shun
them nor their events.  In kind it would seem consistent that I
shouldn't shun Boy Scout events.  But maybe there's something I'm
missing ...

BTW - the reason this started is because I bought Boy Scout wreathes
from a neighborhood kid.  My wife felt like that was "support" for
BSOA whereas I look at it as more support for the kid.