well there is some things different on the mac hardware side, like intel chips.
If apple really took hold of gaming I could really see a lot of switchers.
Personally, I don't think they are too expensive, i dont think there is a pc
notebook on the face of the earth I would trade my mbp for.

anyways, enough on that....

I like the opera browser, i really dont use it but I do like it and if that was
my choice on a phone I would use it. The biggest issues I had with it before i
got an iphone was that cruising the web on it really wasnt very good. While
surfing on iphone isnt as good as my laptop it certainly is better by far that
any other phone I have seen, owned or used.

I agree with the safari part. But people need to give them some time to get
used to and learn in this market, hell they only been in it a few months. And
really the whole market is going to change completely. Apple came in and
changed everything and now everyone is scrambling but the good thing is that
the push has been done and now will will get better devices faster.

The cell phone industry has stayed pretty boring and uninventive for years now,
innovations were few and far inbetween and whether or not you like Apple the
thing you gotta admire is that they keep pushing things forward as a pretty
good pace and should help all the cell phone makers to do better.

back to the actual thread:

So to answer his question.... The main mobile browser platforms too be
concerned with are apple and opera?

You don't really have to do much too get a site ready for iphone/ipod touch
browser, you can add:

and mess around with the width until you get it how you want it and thats it.