I use my xv6700, aka HTC Apache.

If I were you, I would ask who my audience is. Are the people that might
browse your site via a phone teenagers, young adults, or business people?

If you target the Windows Mobile IE browser and the Blackberry browser, you
are covering a big chunk of the market for business phones. AFAIK, the
iPhone browser doesn't really need any special treatment apart from screen
size, and even then it has that nifty zoom feature, as does the Opera Mini.

If you don't have CS3 already, it might be worth it to invest in a copy so
you can get at all the mobile browser data it contains- screen sizes,
capabilities, etc.