-----Original Message-----

Mostly it's space for downloades from the PlayStation Network.  Games and
game demos (a big game demo can easily be 1.5 Gig nowadays plus downloadable
games and PS1 games) and movies (trailers, behind the scenes vids, etc - all
in HD so they tend to be sizable) take the bulk of it.  But the PS3 can also
manage/store music, photos and personal videos.

Game-related information (patches, add-ons, save games, etc) take some but
not that much - maybe a Gig or two overall.  (Although saved game
information is probably the most important of the information since
everything else can just be downloaded again).

I doubt that anybody would really NEED more than the 60 Gig I started with
but now I can just be lazy and keep those demos and movies piling up.  ;^)

Jim Davis