The number one cause of bankruptcy is losing your job.

My dad drinks a glass of water with baking soda since I can remembe
even though his insurance covers the expensive drugs.

I'm not sure why you want me to pay for your meds. You pay $400 a
month and your meds cost $300 that leaves $1200 a year for all other
medical costs. Sounds like an insurance risk. I was never admitted to
a hospital and never prescribed anything other than antibiotics.
I don't mind subsidizing the poor with my insurance payments but not
the people that don't need it.