This is just me, but I would:

1) Write down a complete timeline to the best of your knowledge,

2) Give the rundown to a television crew and ask them to show up for some
good footage, and once they do,

3) Show up at the school and then call the police telling them that you are
staying until you get your phone back and that you want them to show up
right now,

4) Sit politely and quietly in the school office until the police arrive,
and give them no reason to file charges against you, and make sure you're on
videotape

5) File a report with a copy of your timeline when they get there,

6) Take it up the government line about their so-called authority to make
policy decisions about legal private property (in other words, not guns,
knives, or illegal drugs),

7) Engage a good attorney on commission and sue every person involved in not
releasing your property to you, and the school system, both jointly and
severally, and seek high punitive damages,

8) Settle out of court for whatever they offer you that results in a net
gain in your pocket in excess of five figures,

9) Make sure as many people as possible are fired as a result of this.  It
doesn't matter who -- you're Pol Pot looking for a record-breaking body
count -- just make it happen.

No one fucks with you, Dana.  No one.  Make it known.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President
Productivity Enhancement