Well, I just got back from a pre-screening of the movie, and I have to say, I
was kind of disappointed in it. In the first 5 minutes of the movie there's a
scene that stretches credibility quite a bit and it kind of goes downhill from
there. Without giving too much away, you'll certainly come out of this with
little doubt that Lucas really *was* pushing to do a movie named "Indiana Jones
and the Saucermen from Mars". There's still a lot of charm to this movie and
some decent laughs...but they all just seemed like cheap, easy laughs and there
really wasn't a lot of effort put into making this a really original, and
worthy successor to the earlier Indy movies (well 1 and 3 at least). I expect
critics will not have many good things to say about it, and most fans will come
out like me and say "well, it at least wasn't as bad as Temple of Doom". Not
exactly high praise, but it was still fun to see Indy in action again
regardless.

--- Mary Jo