>Very sorry to hear - I know how tough that is.  Do you know what
>caused the issue?

As mentioned on my blog article, best guess was a tumor causing him to bleed
internally. There definitely wasn't much else that would explain the way he
crashed, but without an autopsy there's no way to say for sure. I would not
want to find out for sure, if by some chance it was something they might have
been able to fix, that would have been even more devastating.

I am just trying not to beat myself up too much about not getting him to a vet
sooner. I just didn't know what else to do other than wait when the emergency
vet said they couldn't see him until later, but a part of me feels I should
have tried harder to get him in, because I really felt something was very
seriously wrong. I just didn't realize how much. Definitely by the time I got
him seen there weren't a lot of options left due to how far gone he was. So
it's hard for me to not think about whether they could have saved him if he was
seen sooner. It's definitely going to be awhile before I really accept it.

MJS