I dunno man....opiates tend to calm, to numb.....I think Marx was referring
to this affect.....the numbing of reason.

No...I think religion seems to be more the stimulant of the masses....the
instigator....the enzyme that triggers rudimentary, if ruthless, instincts:
exclude, isolate, divide....conquer.