I think you're confusing exploiting communist slave labor with a nation of
freedom and laws by and for the people.

While the Chinese are spending billions on railroads and highways they also
don't care much about environmental impact or safety.
Most highways are too expensive due to all the tolls that the trucks are
overloaded making them the most dangerous roads in the world. You set up
business in China and you're at the mercy of the government and massive
corruption. If they want to build an airport where your new factory sits, tough
shit for you. Then theirs the human rights issues.

Yes they have a booming economy and we buy their goods. That doesn't make them
a shining example for the world. Anyone who thinks they are has been duped.

That also doesn't mean companies will be too proud to exploit those suffering
under the communist terror. It does mean we should not try to emulate them.
They are by no means superior.