A religious right woman with a pregnant 17 year old.

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/30/off-to-the-land-of-palin/

"
To the person who commented on Sarah's hair - no, it's what happens when one
has hair extensions - which Sarah, at one time, don't know about now, had.

Re: babygate - I don't know what's being reported. Here, however, is the
truth. Trig is Sarah and Todd's baby.

When Sarah first learned she was pregnant, it was shocking and overwhelming.
While she and Todd had not planned to have anymore children, it is common
knowledge among their family and friends that neither of them ever
surgically insured that they wouldn't have any "late in life"
surprises/blessings.

This, to me, showed a disturbing lack of judgement. If you want to ask the
citizens of a state to let you run the state for four years, to me she and
Todd should have thought ahead and determined that the possibility of an
unplanned pregnancy wouldn't have been prudent for either the child, their
family, their extended family (who are the ones who end up helping them
raise their current four children) or the citizens of the state.

They either didn't think this through, or didn't care. Not sure. But, either
way, to me and to others, it was a lack of foresight and judgement.

But it is the same vein - this lack of judgement - Sarah showed, on the
campaign trail for governor, when asked who would raise her children should
she win, she promptly stated that Todd would quit his job and stay at home
with the kids (Todd works a "Slope" week on/week off schedule).

Sarah was elected and then - whoops. Todd didn't like the stay at home gig -
so Sarah, citing they needed money for the kid's college (even though Track
enlisted in the military) said Todd was returning to work. When asked about
her statements on the campaign trail about how Todd would quit his job,
Sarah said she'd actually never talked to him about what they would do if
she was elected (in terms of his employment) and that she'd spoken out of
turn when she spoke for him stating he'd quit his job.

Again, call me picky, but this is the kind of bizarre judgement Sarah
routinely displays. Are you kidding me that she would run for governor and
she and her husband would somehow not think to have a conversation about
what to do with their four school aged kids? That's insane. So, either her
judgement is super goofy, or she wasn't telling the truth. Either way, it's
not reassuring to now think this is someone who would be one 72 year old
heartbeat away from having to call shots for the country/world.

So Todd trots himself back to work and Sarah is busy traipsing around the
state and the nation. The kids are "farmed out" (this is the word used by
thier associates in "the Valley") to family and friends to raise while Todd
and Sarah are off having their respective careers (Sarah is famously quoted
as saying, "My mom does whatever I need her to").

During this period is when Bristol, Sarah's sixteen year old daughter, turns
up pregnant. So, it's kind of interesting to note that the Republican Vice
Presidential Nominee and her sixteen year old junior in high school unwed
daughter were carrying babies at the same time. Once Bristol's condition
became more obvious this summer, she was whisked out of sight and hasn't
been seen in public until yesterday in Ohio. This is why Trig's blanket was
strung across her entire abdomen and torso, but, when she walked down the
stairs from the stage, in a profile shot, it was very clear to see she is
well into her third trimester of her pregnancy.

It has come out in the past couple of days that she and her high school
boyfriend had a quickie wedding and that she is home schooling her senior
year.

The Anchorage Daily News has known about this for months - and haven't
touched the story. But I can't imagine the national press or the Democratic
Party will be as willing to turn a blind eye.

For me, once again it speaks to judgement. We all - every single one of us -
even Sarah's closest friends in the Valley (I know, I've been speaking to
them) know she is in no way qualified for this position. At all.

But then, why would she accept the nomination, knowing that Bristol's
situation will come to light and knowing her hunger for national and
international acclaim and attention will carry with it a mighty high price
for her seventeen year old daughter who had absent parents last year and who
turned up pregnant.

How embarrassing will it be for Bristol once the news (or the baby) comes
out and not just the Valley, not just Alaska, not just the USA - but Bristol
will be known the world over as the seventeen year old unwed - then quickly
wed senior-in-high-school-homeschooled-teenage mom and daughter to the
Republican Vice Presidential Nominee?

How hard will that degree of scrutiny and shame be?

How does one do that to one's daughter?

How does one dash about the country for the next 66 days trying to pull off
an image of the devoted mother of five when she, by and large, isn't the one
raising them and when one of them - her daughter, is in a truly vulnerable
point in life; not to say anything about the needs of Trig. But maybe he
doesn't count, except as a talking point or a photo prop. But this is a
person, a little boy who is going to require a tremendous amount of time and
attention. From his mother.

This is okay?"