> Would any of this even be discussed if she were a man? Nope. It would
> be, "My daughter got pregnant, she and her boyfriend have done the
> right thing to get married, she's having the baby, and we are happy to
> see new life in the world." And that would be the end of the
> conversation. As far as the Todd thing goes, maybe he doesn't want to
> stay at home, but does that mean she should? Why, because she is the
> little lady of the house? She's the governor of the state, for crying
> out loud. Once again, this would so not be any kind of an issue if she
> were a man.

I'm a feminist.  And a mom. And I work full time.
And in my heart I know that being a mom is the far more important of my two
jobs.
Do you think that being Governor is in the best interest of Sarah's baby
Trig?
How about being VP?

I guess I'm of the opinion that if you choose to bring children into this
world, you need to do the absolute best for them that you can.  Father or
mother.  Having children seperated from their parents isn't ideal and none
of hte kids have the benefit of both parents right now.

Maybe Sarah could have waited until her kids were all out of high school to
try and become governor?  Thats what I would have done.