From: "Michael Dinowitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Community" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 8:56 AM
Subject: RE: Not getting any (RE: Why (Re: They invaded! 0_0))

> I have 2 sons. My brother has 3. My relatives have many. This means that
I've been to a number of circumcisions and know quite a bit first hand.
> 1. The person doing the job is an expert. I remember one Bris (literally
covenant, what a circumcision is in Judaism) where the father was a doctor
and he had like a half dozen other doctors there to observe. They never saw
it done in a Jewish ritual and they were amazed with it all.
> 2. The instruments are all clean, sterile, sharp, etc. These aren't some
things you pick up anywhere but expensive, top of the line instruments.
> 3. The child cries more from the cold than from the cut (which takes less
than a second). After the cut he's given some wine and bundled up.
Anticeptic cream is used while it heals. This is both for the pain and to
avoid infection.
> All in all, it's a big celebration that takes less than a minute for the
actual work and is neither scarring (mentally) to the child nor to the
participants.
> On a personal note, I've heard it said that those with foreskin enjoy sex
more. Im not sure it IS possible to enjoy it more than I am. Either way, I'm
not looking to go back and change it nor do I see it as anything 'bad' or
scarring to me.