> >Well, since everyone is always asking for some documentation ... Hours of
> >reading enjoyment :)
> >
> >http://www.cirp.org/library/pain/
> "The evidence that neonates feel pain and suffer as much or more than do
older children and adults is conclusive and generally accepted today"
> I agree. My older children understand what pain is and can control it. A
baby has no understanding or control.

> "All studies on the subject to date compare the pain experienced under
anesthesia to the pain of unanesthetized circumcision. None compare the pain
under anesthesia to the lack of pain experienced by the non-circumcised
infant. In other words, they lacked a control group of children who were
subjected to no surgery. This violates the scientific method and hurts
children needlessly, because circumcision always causes some pain. No method
of pain control for neonatal circumcision exists that is 100 percent
effective. All circumcised infants suffer during the procedure and
afterwards."
> They also do not take environment into account. The experiments are all
done in comfortable settings and no test for the babies reaction to cold is
ever done.

> "Very few children receive analgesia for the post-operative pain of
circumcision."
> Untrue in the case of Jewish circumcision where wine takes the place of
the analgesia.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining about Jews doing it.  I'm
complaining about people who have it done to their kids just for the hell of
it.  Other than religious practices, or medical complications, there is
absolutley no reason for it. That's what annoys me.  My comments are in
support of why it should not be done, unless necessary.

Todd