On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Robert Munn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Maureen wrote:
>
>> For every crook or crazy preacher in Obama's background, I produce a
>> list of equally undesirable people in McCain's background, starting
>> with Keating and Falwell.  It doesn't matter.
>>

> Keating is a red herring, the prosecutor in the case said McCain should not
> even have been part of the case.

McCain had close associations with Keating.  Much closer than Obama
had with Ayers.  Close enough to be included in the case, whether he
should have been or not.  Even McCain has admitted his ties to Keating
gave the appearance of impropriety.

> Falwell is only news because McCain blasted him, and then later on the two
> of them called a truce.
Falwell is news because McCain, after years of opposing Falwell and
his ilk, embraced them in order to get elected.

> It matters to me who people choose to associate with. Obama has a very long
> history of choosing to associate with radicals.

As a self-defined Radical, that doesn't bother me much.  When you run
for office, your opponent can flay you for your email conversations
with me.