On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Charlie Griefer wrote:
> But yeah, point being that I personally see that mentality on both ends of
> the spectrum.  This election, however, I felt that I heard it much much much
> much much more from one side.

Perhaps you already know why, but I think it's because the other side
(there are really only two parties) hasn't done too well this last
near-decade.

Same deal with the "more happy stories about the democrat contender"...

Seems sorta like math.

Almost everyone was ready for change, truth be told, I think.

Anyways, I don't let supporters sway me much -- Apple is a good example.

I disliked Apple because it was so closed-source.  When it started to
go "open" (still not really there, but *wow* compared to how it was) I
gave it the props I thought it deserved (plus some encouragement).

I respected McCain for a while, too.  I don't think the "a rock could
have won" idea holds water, really.  His campaign pushed many good
people out although it brought wing-nuts in.  McCain /could/ have been
that change, I think.  If things had been different.  Perhaps.

His concession speech earned a good deal of that respect back.  Noice!

Letting others sway your ideals doesn't seem very awesome, basically.  :-)p

--
For though we love both the truth and our friends, piety requires us
to honor the truth first.