....and to be fair to our resident fan of W :)
..... it extends beyond the list.  My step father, for example.  listens to
Rush religiously.  Believes Rush.  Religiously.  Says CNN isn't a reputable
news source, but believes Fox News is fair and balanced.
The guy's good to my mom, which is all that really matters.  But when I
think of zealots (on either side), he's up on top of the list.  I make a
concerted effort NOT to discuss anything even remotely political with him,
because I know it's an exercise in futility.

But yeah, point being that I personally see that mentality on both ends of
the spectrum.  This election, however, I felt that I heard it much much much
much much more from one side.