On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a hard time being cynical about people who are so excited
> about their country.
>
> If any of this drives more people to serve (I know I will be) then
> it's all for the good.

A certain level of excitement is definitely warranted...i mean, this is an
historic moment. I'm worried about people that seem overly excited, however,
because I fear their expectations.

When the sun rises tomorrow....we will still be in a war in iraq, our
economy will still be a mess, nearly 8% of Americans will still be out of
work, racism and bigotry will still be woven into our culture.

Peoples' daily lives will change very little between today and
tomorrow....and I hope they understand that.

A month from now, will we hear the unemployed asking the president why they
are still unemployed? Will we hear victims of racism asking the president
why there is still bigotry?

--
And the Anzio bridgehead was held for the price
Of a few hundred ordinary lives