Clinical trials can only cover so much.....
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 1:16 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: From the OMFG files

At the same time the current drug regime and approval process was the
result
of some pretty egregious actions by the drug companies when there was
very
little drug regulation. The problem now is finding a balance. Moreover a
lot
of the safety testing, from what I understand, is done from a defensive
standpoint, in order to avoid future litigation. I'd hate to be a
scientist
working for Merck or Hoffman-LaRoche etc and tell the lawyer during due
diligence that no we did not test for x y or z.

another major problem is that there is no real way to get a dosage
effect -
while we know how much of that drug may affect acne, how much Accutane
does
it take to effect affect in a certain portion of the population?

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons
ColdFusion/Web Developer