On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Judah  wrote:

> "A failure to act and act now will turn crisis into a catastrophe"
> -- Robert Munn on this fucking list just a couple months ago.
>
> Hope over fear? That's a partisan hack job of the lowest denominator.
> You sounded the alarm and you were right. You got me to agree with you
> even. It is a crisis, it is a catastrophe, it requires immediate and
> total attention and action. I was dubious at first but you were right.
> Don't fuck it up by being a douche about it now that the other side is
> saying it.

Different issue. I sounded the alarm over the possibility of systemic
failure of the banking system, which was addressed (however poorly) with the
TARP. It didn't restart the economy, but it should keep the banking system
intact. This pig of a bill tries to do everything for everyone that
Democrats owe, and in the end it could do more harm than good.