Buchanan was really amusing talking about his relationship with Hunter
S. Thompson though. If you haven't seen Gonzo: The Life and Work of
Hunter S. Thompson then you should. It isn't totally brilliant, but it
has some great interviews. The juxtaposition of Buchanan and Jimmy
Carter both talking about their relationship with Hunter is just
brilliant.

But yeah, he's mostly a xenophobic crank.

Judah