Ahmadinejad would like me dead simply because I am a non-Muslim
American...no other reason.  I do not think all Iranians share his views, or
do I think all Iranians are savages. However, I do think that some who run
the country are and that is who my comment was directed at. We will not be
trying to enter into diplomatic discussions with book store owner in Tehran,
we would be doing so with the people who are in control of that country.

I really do not see that its possible to be diplomatic with a guy who a) has
said repeatedly that Israel needs to be wiped off the map and b) has said
that the holocaust did not happen.

Do we really need to be allies with Iran? Can't they just be one of those
countries where they are not necessarily our ally but the are not
necessarily our enemy?

Like that guy at work who you don't hate, but you don't really like him
either. You won't go out of your way to make his life miserable, but you
won't be inviting him over to watch the game either.