On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Sam wrote:
>> Tenet was giving Bush briefings every day in person while on vacation.
>
> that's odd ... because Tenet was on vacation too.  Said so in sworn
> congressional testimony.  Also said he didn't know what the status of
> the PDB titled "Bin Laden Determined To Attack In The US" was.

He recanted.
I was mistaken, he gave him daily briefings before and after that
August, during that August he only went to Crawford twice to brief the
president.

>> That briefing was created because Bush asked for the status of al
>> Qaeda.
>
> Really?  Because in sworn testimony AQ was barely discussed.  What
> were the conclusions then?  What'd Bush decided to do?

Really:
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB116/Fact%20Sheet.htm

The August 6, 2001 Pdb Item Entitled "bin Ladin Determined to Strike
in US" was prepared in response to questions asked by the President
about the possibility of attacks by al-Qaida inside the United States.
The PDB article did not warn of the 9-11 attacks. Although the PDB
referred to the possibility of hijackings, it did not discuss the
possible use of planes as weapons. The PDB was based largely on
background information about past terrorist attacks conducted by
al-Qaida and general threats from the late 1990s. The only recent
information concerning possible current activities in the PDB related
to two incidents. There is no information that either incident was
related to the 9-11 attacks.

As also noted in the PDB article, the FBI was conducting approximately
70 full-field Bin-Laden-related investigat