On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Stroz wrote:
> > Once again, because a special interest group want ssomething Congress
> should
> > just do it?
> >

> You're missing the point Scottie which is
>
> 1.) The democratic process of special interest groups wanting stuff is
> not unconstitutional as Robert said it was,

When what the special interest group wants violates someone else's rights,
it most certainly can be unconstitutional.  In a closed shop, employees have
no choice but to join a union AND pay that union money, this takes away
their own voice AND some money.

> 2.) If you oppose the special interest group you have to make a
> counter-party argument.

I oppose unions becasue Ifeel they do more harm than good.  Sadly, when my
former employer went union the biggest grips the employees had was that they
had to pay $100 per month for health insurance...and it was a damned good
plan too.  I would kill to have the coverage I had then for what I was
paying.  Funny enough, the deal the union negotiated was for a much less
comnprehensive plan that cost more.