On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Gruss wrote:

> Basically was wacked out that Obama was elected, thought the
> government was ag'in 'im, got laid off, and killed cops.
>
> Same story as that Pittsburgh guy

Sadly, this is probably not the last time we'll see this scenario. I don't
know how much the President can do to alleviate the fears of paranoid
wife-beating freaks. He might try sending a clear message that he has no
intention of banning guns and he represents all Americans, but the truly
paranoid will just see that as more evidence of a conspiracy against them.

Putting on my corporate hat, I'd say Obama's team should figure out some
effective change management strategies to keep these sorts of folks from
stepping off the edge. But they have a lot of shit to deal with right now,
and while small tragedies like this may continue to occur, they need to
focus on preventing the big tragedies like a flu pandemic, a prolonged
depression, etc. etc., etc.