It was a comment made to impress the radical La Raza organization with her
commitment to "the cause". Does she believe it? Was it a cynical political
play to win friends in the organization and in wider political circles?
Either way, the strategy certainly seems to have worked.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Michael D wrote:

>
> http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2009/05/26_sotomayor.shtml
>
> Personally I think that this is a little hubris and misspeaking on the part
> of judge Sotomayor. She's using herself as the "wise Latina woman" with a
> rich experience and comparing it to 'just someone else' who happens to not
> be like her. I think she's using "hasn't lived that life" to mean 'has less
> of a rich experience'. That's what I would hope as someone of her learning
> and position would not be denegrating others based on race, gender, or
> difference of (rich) experience.
>


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:297914
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to