It's a common thing I use with Judith. I look a sconce at something and she
says askance. I then reply "what do you have against candlesticks?" or
something like that.

I prefer Senor Chico Malo or the evil one, blessed be me but Michael is ok.
Or Mike. Or whatever makes you the most comfortable.

And the specter of my father's humor makes me think "as long as you don't
call me late for dinner".

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Captian Oblivious <
[email protected]> wrote:

>
> A sconce is a candle-stick?  So what's that thing you eat?
>
> Ah, a SCONE!
>
> No wonder the lady at the register looked at me a-sconce.
>
> That's a good one, Michael! (or do you prefer Mike?)
>
> So good I had to eat it.  I mean steal it.
>
> Hmmmm... I believe I'm hugary.
>
> Opps!  Would'nt that be Hungarian?
>
> _
>
> You're as cold as ice, you're willing to sacrifice our love
> You never take advice, someday you'll pay the price, I know
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Michael Dinowitz <
> [email protected]
> > wrote:
>
> >
> > Now on one hand I totally agree with the quote - experience is a key
> > factor.
> > On the other hand, there is an imbalance that makes me look at the quote
> > askance (not a sconce, which is a type of candlestick). You have a wise
> > person vs. a plain (non-wise) person. You have a person with a "richness
> of
> > experience" vs. someone who seems to have none or is less for having a
> > different experience. You also have the people's race and gender being
> > almost the central theme of the quote. Why are they even important?
> Looking
> > at the quote in context shows that race (national origin) and gender were
> > the central issues:
> >
> >
>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:297922
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to