> What are the ramifactions for that though? That the top
> performers of one country, India, can fill entire other
> countries?

That's the point though... what is the actual 75th percentile IQ in India?
Just because they're the top 25% in India doesn't mean much unless you
compare the *quality* of those people to another country, not just the
*quantity*.

> Why aren't they running the world,are they producing
> amazing advances in medicine and technology that we
> haven't heard about?  What is the world doing with that
> resource? :-)

It's funny you mention resources, because that is where the U.S. really
shines.  We have vast natural resources and use them to our advantage.
China and India are still "poor" nations when you compare the living
conditions of the average person in the United States with that of someone
in India or China.  They may have far more people than we do, but it's hard
to make "amazing advances in medicine and technology" when many of the
people live in relative poverty.

No, what I would be worried about is that when India and China *really*
catch up to the standard of living in the Unites States.  Assuming they go a
similar path that the U.S. has, their demand for natural resources will far
exceed our own, and with increased demand comes increased cost.  You think
gas is expensive now?  Just wait until everyone in India and China has an
SUV. :)

> China...China is set to be the largest English Speaking
> nation...that shocked me..but it makes sense just by
> sheer population numbers alone.  But you wouldn't normally

Again, you have to compare apples to apples.  When it comes to sheer
numbers, China and India will win almost every time.  You have to get the
numbers into a proper framework for comparison, percentages, for example.
Is the percentage of people in China that speak English higher than the UK
or the United States?  I doubt it (though I haven't gone and looked up the
statistic).

-Justin