> Dana wrote:
> As for free physicals... I have no idea what you are talking about. I
> will tell you tho that those $30 physicals pretty much amount to a
> height/weight/blood pressure evaluation, and perhaps a history. I dare
> you to go to one and try to discuss something non-obvious like "why do
> I get this pain here. "

(1.) By "free" I mean people with existing benefits.

I can tell you - for Medicare Advantage (since medicare doesn't pay
for it) - a *signifcant* number of members DO NOT use their
preventative care benefits.  In other words, even though they could
get a semi-annual physical they don't.  They need extra incentive to
use their included benefits.

Why do MA plans have higher admin costs?  Because they must incent
members to use their benefits through admin!

You might want to look into that for your schtick.

(2.) Ever been to Minute Clinic?  Because I"m wondering why you'd
insult those doctors many of whom clearly aren't providing that care
for the money; they're trying to cover the uninsured!!!

And your attitude is, "feck 'em.  if health care doesn't cost an
assload it must suck."

(3.) G made the point.

So you find me the data: how many people with existing preventative
care benefits don't use them?

You're both avoiding the cultural roadblock and revealing that you're
part of it (if it don't cost a lot I don't like it).

Looks like you fell for the corporate marketing schtick.