> Vivec wrote:
> It still amazes me that so many people have, or pretend to have, their heads
> in the sand over the realities of raci

Disclaimer: the following is a personal but reasoned opinion on what
people consider an emotional topic.  If you're distressed by reasoned
opinions that may disagree with yours please stop reading here.
-----------
I don't find that racist in any way and I think the ruling is a
politically correct travesty.  Here's why:

* If BET would like to have all black people in it's ads and
commercials is that racist?  Of course not, BET would like to show
their target market  - black people - using their services.  How about
their sales staff being black?  If I'm black looking to sell
advertising to other blacks, I'm going to be more likely to buy that
time from someone like me.  Black in both culture and skin.

* If Benetton wants 5 races in an ad and a black person applies after
they've already selected their black person, is it racism if they say
they're only looking for the white person now?  Of course not, they
have a multi-cultural multi-racial brand

* If a store sells Muslim veils & women's clothing, is it
racist/sexist/religist (not a word) to want Muslim dark skinned women
as sales people?  Of course not, they know the target market best.

I think businesses have a right to control their brand and the sales
team is part of the brand.

We have different skin color.  Trying to pretend we don't - and don't
notice - is ridiculous.

French employment law needs to be changed to include a little liberty.

I would challenge the law based on freedom of commerce, but in France I'd lose.