> Denny wrote:
> Or everything is.  Which doesn't exactly make everything so.

Well, let's say a modern regulated market.

As an example take Chinese melanine toys.  When buyers can't trust the
safety of the goods at the market, they'll leave and the market will
dissolve.

In the case of healthcare we've got regulation and best practices to
ensure safety (e.g., licensing), but the market itself is not
regulated to ensure transparency.

In other words, the problem is not the expectation of safety, it's
transparency of pricing.

Further the typical customer isn't buying the core product or service
but rather a financing product and THAT'S the core problem.

Those are good products, and we need them, but do you buy a credit
card instead of a TV?

I mean you don't decide you want a TV, so you ask your employer to
secure you a great credit card and then the credit card company
negotiates and buys the TV for you.

READ THAT  ^^^^^^  THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

The government has failed to regulate the market