On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Gruss Gott<grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Judah wrote:
>> hell in a hand basket regardless, fine, then shut the fuck up and get
>> out of the way while people that want to make a difference try to do
>> so.
>>

> "Reform" to me means making the health care market work like every other
> market.
>
> What you're proposing is like saying that if the government takes over
> Visa credit card then we can all afford to get a new Plasma every year
> because a government-run Visa will somehow lower TV costs.

Not to even come close to entering a discussion of any sort, much less
one of this sort:

1) Does buying in bulk save money?

2) If everyone got a new plasma each year, would the cost of the plasma go down?

Seriously, I'm just saying this to say it.  Just wanted to
[pointlessly] kill a few electrons.  DIE ELECTRONS DIE!

Oh, the horrors.  Senseless electron violence.  A vicious circle, yadda yadda.

> So I'm not saying EVERYTHING will fail, simply everything besides a
> well regulated market with consumer driven price controls.

I dunno if it's a market, per se.

--
The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to
tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent