Matthew

The one thing we all know on this list is that we are ALL different, live
different lives, have different values, different experiences, believe in
different things etc etc ... The bond of CF brings the majority of us
together ....

I know you likely haven't, but I wanted to re-iterate, do not let some of
the bitter examples of marriage on this list sway your opinion at all. There
are bona fide bachelors on here, there are divorcees that went thru hell. I
have my own story and none of you have EVER heard it and NONE of you ever
will. But suffice it to say I can give a few people here a run for their
money a dozen times over. My current husband's divorce was a 2 year bitter
battle zone, that no-one should EVER have had to go through. Involved him
losing everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING. Money, grown adult sons that he
loved and gave the world for, belongings. Everything. And she was the one
that left the marriage, turned around, lied, and because of the court
system, screwed him over hard. And I was bystander to it all.

This kind of sh$t happens, and always will in our world. It's a matter of
fact.

It didn't make either of us bitter though ....

Marriage was the icing on the cake for our relationship. Ours was rock solid
before we did it, and the formal bond made it deeper. I can barely explain
it.  Besides the legality of it (now we're both protected in case something
happens to either of us as far as property, health insurance, etc.) it tells
us both, despite the previous failed attempts at a relationship, that we're
in it to be the best husband and wife that we can to each other.

HOWEVER - my point, as long as it's talking me to get there, is that nothing
is guaranteed ever, including life. Live it while you can - and that means
making a spectacular proposal to a woman that you love.

Don't let others' bitter experiences ruin any thoughts in your head about
what a tremendous thing it is to love someone so much you want to make them
safe, give them your world and cherish them forever.

Marriage means something different to everyone. And I believe no one, no
matter what experience that person may have had, what their beliefs are, or
what they *think* will happen, NO ONE should piss on someone else's parade.
Life is too short for negativity.

I think any way you propose is fantastic, and you'll come up with the best
one for your situation.

You're a pretty cool cat Matthew ... and I've been watching you take a bunch
of pretty big steps here lately. It's been a pleasure to watch you grow
outside your comfort zones and learn new exciting things.

Best wishes man. :)