On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Medic <hofme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, that link seems to indicate that the number of incidents with teachers
> are lower than that of priests. So, thanks for refuting your own claim.

No higher

> I also wonder how much of the incidents with teachers are males messing
> around with highschool girls. I somehow see this as slightly different than
> a priest diddling a little boy. (Both wrong of course, but I see them as
> different somehow.)

So a male teacher with a 9 year old girl is Ok but a priest with a 13
year old boy is not?

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases#1.
An overwhelming majority of the victims, 81 percent, were males. A
majority of the victims were post-pubescent adolescents, with a small
percentage of pre-pubescent children. [16]

I don't know the stats they used but from this article it looks like
they target them younger
http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2007-10-21-teacherabuse_N.htm

Point is it's why didn't you know this about school but you do about
Churches. Should we be aware of all the threats?