No problem, opinions were flying around, and my comment likely just came
across as one more anti-homeschooling opinion.

My anxiety isn't quite as bad as a person afraid of snakes entering a
restaurant where everyone had a snake, but that's probably the best I could
explain it. Maybe a better analogy would be that every encounter with
someone I've never met feels like a job interview--heart palpitations,
sweaty palms, shortness of breath, the whole deal. Job interviews are
absolute terror--I tend to stay employed in really bad jobs for far too long
due to it.  I also have lost out on some good jobs by blowing the interview
because I was so anxious.