fair enough, but actually... the homeschool group was far more diverse.

Her friends there included the daughter of a Unitarian minister, and
another whose mother was a model and father was an apparently
well-known graphic novelist. Still another was raised by a rather
strict evangelist mother and a father who worked at Los Alamos. Lara
played with the daughter (three years younger) as well as the son
(five years younger). Another family came in from the East Mountains
and was more the backwoods type someone was ridiculing, but hey, the
kids played capture the flag and nobody argued about religion.

The school on the other hand was a reflection of its neighborhood ---
overwhelming white, Anglo, right-wing Republican and secular employees
of the weapons labs with kids who never talked to their parents and
painted their nails black and hung out at the local mall shoplifting.